Tuesday 14 October 2014

Updated idea

After doing a bit of thinking and talking to Alan about my idea to get another perspective. It was pointed out to me that I have two paths to take my project down, either I make it all about the mind, an interpretation of Piranesi's state of mind when he made the etchings. Have the camera movements and the music to help convey the feeling and atmosphere I want. Or I make it more educational and have it perfectly constructed, get a voice over and try to make it as accurate as I can. Both take the project in a completely different direction.

After a while I decided I liked the idea of making it abstract and about the mind. So I'm going to start by looking for a composer who I am going to give the 16 etchings to and a few guidelines to stick to and allow them to respond to the etchings and compose a piece of music for it, which I will then in turn respond to and create an environmental animation for.

No comments:

Post a Comment