Sunday 11 November 2012

Hero prop Ideas

When I first got this project I had no idea what I was going to do about my hero prop, my first thoughts were of possibly a gun which was an hire loom or an antique that my character had collected or stolen. Then after talking to Phil a bit and he suggested that I need to figure out my characters story first which might help and have a hero prop that was tied to the fact he was un-dead and maybe it was a book of black magic which he used to become un-dead or some item that tied him to a curse that made him un-dead. So I decided to create an influence map to give myself a few ideas.


Also started to think that if my character did make a deal with the devil or used black magic or voodoo to become un-dead there may be sacrifices that have to be made at an alter so maybe a sacrificial knife would be really good as a hero prop.

These thumbnails I did as a way of seeing if while I put down some of the ideas for the hero prop if I got any inspiration while doing. The book was quite nice to do and got a few ideas with that and the sacrificial knife gave me quite a few ideas, and I might put it into my scene even if I don't use it as a hero prop, but the pistol didn't really inspire me much.






After thinking a bit more about who my character is and after I did a bit more research on Mob Boss's and I can across Kingpin, I really liked the idea of my character having a cane as a hero prop. Also with Kingpin's cane it has a concealed laser which he sometimes uses would nice to have something similar but maybe a prick of poison, or some blood that has something to do with how he became un-dead. So I did another influence map to accommodate the change in my idea. I want the top decoration on the cane to have some type of meaning to my character, maybe an animal he identifies with. I guess the way he obtains the cane will be important either he collects it, buys it or its a gift. I think maybe having it as something he has collected off one of his victims or a gift as part of his transformation into the un-dead.
While doing research for my influence map I started to think of having the cane compact with symbols that all have different meanings such as their linked with power, eternal life etc...




2 comments:

  1. Hey the book idea looks awesome I love your ideas and the design you've done for the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with George I think book is a great idea, I like the 3D element to the cover of it, you could play around with extruding on maya with it... looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life :)!

    ReplyDelete